26th April, 2021
URGENT COVID SERVICES
A Meeting of the Board of Trustees and National Executive Committee was conducted on 25th April 2021 online to discuss the present serious situation of Covid spread throughout the country and the kind of services SASS can do in this condition urgently.
NEC paid homage to the departed souls of Swargeeya Shri. Ramachandran Nair (SASS Kokan State Treasurer), Shri.V. K. Rajan (SASS Delhi State Vice President) and Shri. Vijayappa Chettiar (SASS Dewas Dist. Treasurer, Malwa State) who passed away due to Covid during the last one week.
After detailed deliberations, following decisions were made:
- All State /District Committee members are expected to be in touch with fellow workers and Ayyappa Sevaks in their area regularly, give coincidences, make enquiries about their well being and try to extend required help whatever possible. National Committee members and State Prabharies may contact State Level Karyakartas and give proper guidance and assistance.
- While going out for your seva services; please get Vaccinated for yourself first and take necessary precautions like using a certified N95 Mask , Sanitizer, keeping physical distance etc. Services like Starting Help Desk, Supply Of Essentials – Medicines, Food Materials Etc. may be undertaken directly by our organization or along with other service organisations, like Sevabharathi, Rotary clubs, Residents Associations etc.
- As per the new guidelines, persons in the age group 18 to 45 are also going to be vaccinated, soon. SASS workers, especially healthy youth, can do support services as above in organising vaccination camps, in their area.
- The main source of Blood Banks are the youth. When the persons of age group 18 to 45 are going to be vaccinated, they can not Donate their blood for a period of 2 months after vaccination. When these people take Two Doses of Vaccination, practically they may not be able to donate their blood for 3 to 4 months. In such a situation, there is a chance of heavy shortage in regular Blood Supply (needed for normal surgery related treatments also), to the various Blood Banks attached to IMA, Hospitals etc. as the regular donors are persons in this age group. Hence, it is suggested that such persons may be advised to First Donate their blood at a nearby Blood Bank before taking vaccination for self. Further, support may be given to authorities to establish Awareness Camps and Blood Donation Camps along with Vaccination Centres.
- Suitable, special Spiritual programs, which will give Confidence in the minds of people, like special prayers, poojas, yajnas etc. may be organised at houses / temples. Sri. V. K. Viswanathanji will discuss the matter with experts in this field and suggest a suitable Karyakram to be conducted locally or wider level, soon.
- All our karyakathas are advised to strictly adhere to Covid protocol while organising meetings, Ayyappa Yogams, and other programs. Meetings with physical presence of members may be avoided and instead Online Meetings may be organised, till the Covid spread is brought under control.
PROTECT SELF, FAMILY AND SOCIETY
T.B. Shekhar, National Chairman &
Erode N Rajan, National General Secretary